Important Union UMC update;
- - On Nov 22nd we had in person worship. It was awesome. And everyone wore their mask and was socially distant. One of the people who was there for worship 2 Sundays ago has been diagnosed with covid-19. Keep this person in your prayers. It is impossible to know if this person was sick then or became sick afterwards, but we are moving ahead based on our Covid-19 protocols.
- - Therefore, all church activities are postponed / canceled /snowday for the next two weeks. This means we will have online worship only Dec 6 & 13. The only activity not affected is Food Pantry on Thursday nights because that is outdoors. Pastor Brad will continue to serve communion 10 to 10:30 in the church parking lot, bring your mask of course and social distance will be maintained.
- - Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, this is a heartbreaking decision. If all goes well our hope is that we can gather again Dec 20th, but we will have to wait and see.
- - We've actually come a long way this year thanks to God. Let us continue to put our trust in him as we navigate these trying times and continue to serve in creative and safe ways. Peace
Here is the schedule through the rest of the year:
- Dec. 6th; Online Only Worship Service; 9:00am
- Dec 13th; Online Only Worship Service; 9:00am
- Dec. 20th; In Person Worship Services; 9 & 11am.
- Dec 27th; Online Only Worship Service; 9:00am
- Facemasks and Physical Distancing are required for everyone including children. Please remain in your pew for the remainder of the service.
- When entering the sanctuary please find a seat and not linger in the “hallway.” There will be no handouts or bulletins (UMC Conference rules).
- There will be no Passing the Peace, Children’s Message, or passing the offering plates. A collection basket will be made available. (Think of this as the same kind of service flow like our Lawn Chair Worship Services. A Children’s Message will be shared with our Online Services)
- The restrooms will be CLOSED (if there is an emergency you are strongly encouraged to use the facilities in the Education Building).
- There will be no Sunday School for the foreseeable future, per Conference rules :(
- If you are feeling ill, please stay home and watch the service online!
- During the service and outside at times we may open the doors and use fans to bring in fresh air. So bring a jacket!
- After the service has ended please remain at your pew seats as the back pew will dismiss first, and then the next pew, and so on. Everyone is asked to immediately head outside and clear the entrances. If you want to chat, please do so in the open parking lot.
- At the start of each worship service I will take a quick video or pic of everyone present for contact tracing. Don’t’ duck (and this won’t be shared online).
- Looking at the current trends, it’s possible the conference will go back to stricter guidelines (usually following the Phases our Governor has implemented). If this happens we will follow those guidelines and get the word to you ASAP.
- Please consider supporting our church with your presence, tithes, and gifts! Just click the DONATE tab, as the church continues to share Christ in new ways.
- Stay safe, stay well, check on your neighbors, and let's embrace creativity as we transform the church, be the Body of Christ in new, creative, and awesome ways! God Bless
We are honored that you have taken the time to check out our website to learn more about us. God is moving in powerful and loving ways here at Union, and we are confident that you'll find the same spirit of community, charity, and holiness here for yourself and your family. Check us out on social media (Facebook & Instagram), try out one of our worship services (9 & 11am), or drop an email or call (980) 521-3531.
Again, thank you for "stopping by."
May God Bless You and Your Family.
6315 New Town Road, Waxhaw NC 28173
At Union UMC we have two worship services. Our 9am service is Contemporary led by our AMAZING Praise Band, and also has Children's Time, prayer, and the proclamation of God's Word. Nursery is provided for kids age 5 & under.
Our 11am service is traditional led by our AWESOME Union Choir, organist and pianist, and also has Children's Time, prayer, and God's Word is proclaimed!
Sunday School is at 10:15am and classes are available for all ages.
We have Sunday School classes for all ages. We have an active nursery class for toddlers, 2 elementary classes, a Youth Class, and 2 adult classes with awesome and dedicated teachers. Sunday School starts 10:15am between our worship services. Please check with Pastor Brad or talk to any of our church regulars to help you find the class that is right for you and your family (the picture is of Pastor Brad giving a preview of the Youth Sunday School class' Spring 2018 Study)