As many of you know, Bart Richards has just returned from the hospital for congestive heart failure. He's home with Carolyn, and we praise God for good doctors and answered prayers, but they need our help as Bart recovers and regains his strength. We have set up a Sign-Up Genius to deliver meals to Bart & Carolyn for the next 8 weeks (through the end of June), and if you can bring them a meal even once it would be a blessings. No carbs if possible (doc's orders). All meals can be left on their doorstep for social distancing. Click the sign-up link below and thank you!
- Yes, this is the current world we live in. Because of the easy transmission of the Corona Virus, all worship services are suspended indefinitely under direction from our Bishop, Bishop Leeland. This includes all church activities with the exception of our Food Pantry, whose service will be significantly altered for safety. (LINK)
- In the meantime, our 9am worship service will stream LIVE! You can tune in at 9am on Pastor Brad's FB account, Union UMC's FB account, and here on Youtube! The Wednesday puppet shows will stream live on Pastor Brad's Facebook. Click the BOLD words for the links!
- Also we have just activated online tithing! Just click the DONATE tab, as the church continues to share Christ in new ways.
- Christ's Closet will no longer be accepting donations until we are clear to have future giveaways based on orders from the CDC & Gov. Cooper. Please do not leave any donations at the church until then.
- Stay safe, stay well, check on your neighbors, and let's embrace creativity as we transform the church, be the Body of Christ in new, creative, and awesome ways! God Bless
- PS, don't do what the picture shows right now! It's just a great pic! Practice Social Distancing, 6 ft at all times! And we'll gather at the playground after we weather this storm. Peace
We are honored that you have taken the time to check out our website to learn more about us. God is moving in powerful and loving ways here at Union, and we are confident that you'll find the same spirit of community, charity, and holiness here for yourself and your family. Check us out on social media (Facebook & Instagram), try out one of our worship services (9 & 11am), or drop an email or call (980) 521-3531.
Again, thank you for "stopping by."
May God Bless You and Your Family.
6315 New Town Road, Waxhaw NC 28173
At Union UMC we have two worship services. Our 9am service is Contemporary led by our AMAZING Praise Band, and also has Children's Time, prayer, and the proclamation of God's Word. Nursery is provided for kids age 5 & under.
Our 11am service is traditional led by our AWESOME Union Choir, organist and pianist, and also has Children's Time, prayer, and God's Word is proclaimed!
Sunday School is at 10:15am and classes are available for all ages.
We have Sunday School classes for all ages. We have an active nursery class for toddlers, 2 elementary classes, a Youth Class, and 2 adult classes with awesome and dedicated teachers. Sunday School starts 10:15am between our worship services. Please check with Pastor Brad or talk to any of our church regulars to help you find the class that is right for you and your family (the picture is of Pastor Brad giving a preview of the Youth Sunday School class' Spring 2018 Study)