- Christ's Closet is a clothing/toys/furniture outreach ministry of which Union UMC is proud to be partnered with. They also have a website you should check out, where there are regular updates about operating hours, upcoming big giveaways, etc. Check it out HERE.
- The Christ's Closet warehouse hosts weekly giveaways (see the red barn, behind the white house; 6025 New Town Rd, Waxhaw NC). CC hosts open giveaways every Thursday from 4:00 - 6:00 pm, and Saturdays 10am - 12pm (unless a big giveaway is planned, please check the Christ's Closet website or Facebook page for more regular updates).
- It's all FREE, given away because God loves you and so do we!
- Donation boxes are available for drop-off across the street from Union UMC. They are giant red boxes (picture of them is on the left in the slideshow), you can't miss them. Here are the CC donation guidelines:
- Organized by size. Before your donations are given away, they are sorted by size and type. While it is not necessary, if you are able to bag or label donations separately by size and type, you will bless the CC volunteers immensely and save them TONS of time.
- Bags or boxes. Please donate in bags or boxes to keep your items together, and make them easier to transport.
- In the bins only. Nothing on the ground. Please do not leave anything on the ground, outside the bins. Since CC is staffed entirely by volunteers, they can only visit the bins sporadically. Anything left on the ground will get ruined and have to be thrown away.
- No tears or stains. Please do not donate anything torn or stained.
- No missing pieces. If you are donating a toy, household item, appliance, or piece of furniture, please ensure it has all its pieces.
- Nothing broken. Please do not donate anything broken. We do not have the resources to make repairs, and are forced to throw away broken items.
Have you been looking for an opportunity to serve in ministry but time constraints and other commitments stand in the way? Christ’s Closet has the answer for you. The Christ’s Closet house is now opening on Sunday morning immediately following Sunday school at 11:00 a.m. for those who attend early service to fold and sort clothes. Individuals who attend the late service are welcome to come when they finish worship. God has increasingly blessed the ministry with clothing, toys and household goods, and in doing so has created a marvelous opportunity to serve for anyone who would like to be the hands and feet of Christ. You can work as time permits. Christ’s Closet is truly a non-judgment zone. Your help will always be greatly appreciated.
To keep it simple; the house will be open from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Also below are highlights from some of our previous giveaways