We host a weekly Thursday Food Pantry in partnership with Common Heart. It operates from 6pm (roughly, when we are prepared) through 8pm. Here are the guidelines for both our guests and volunteers.
1. Guests are served via Drive Through style. Guests are asked to park on the "left" side parking lot, the larger one. Our playground is open for children and youth who want to get out and play, get the wiggles out. (Children play at their own risk, grownups please supervise any play and movement around the parking lot as there will be significant traffic as we set up).
2. The truck from Common Heart arrives a little before 6pm, which provides perishable food such as meats, veggies, fruits, etc. Volunteers will help unload the truck, sort the foods in the Fellowship Hall, make the pre-made bags and boxes of food, and then load them into guest's cars as we begin the line. Also volunteers are welcome to help with the parking lot, play with children in the playground, and visit our guests and make them feel welcome. A listening ear is a great gift.
3. Volunteers are asked to park on the smaller side of the church (if you are facing the church from the road, this would be the right side of the church, narrower side), or across the street. This is to allow the larger parking lot for our guests.
4. Guests will be directed to their parking spots to keep everything in order. You will get a sticky note on your windshield noting the order of your arrival. Please follow the instructions of the parking guide. After signing in (and registering if needed) from our volunteers (look for the people carrying iPads), wait till a parking attendant tells you it is your turn. At that point you will go "down the hill" toward the Fellowship Building where you will receive your pre-packaged foods. After that you'll circle around the building and you can leave.
5. If you uncomfortable coming to volunteer, that's totally okay. In this case you are encouraged to help Common Heart by making a donation on their website. (LINK).
6. We also have an Amazon Wish List where non-perishable foods can be sent directly to the church (LINK). Or if you are passing by and would like to do your own shopping, we accept any non-persihable foods at our church bell tower. You'll find donation buckets here.