Every Sunday we will have Lawn Chair Worship Service at 9am! (in the event of rain, we will have an online service, which will be announced the evening before, to debut live at 9am). This will include our Praise Team and Pastor Brad. Here are the details:
- The Praise Team and Pastor Brad will lead the service in front of the church bell (in front of the main doors to the sanctuary). You can see from the picture!
- Some chairs will be provided but you are strongly encouraged to bring your own “Lawn Chairs.”
- The parking spaces in front of the sanctuary & church bell will be available for sitting. Park accordingly to keep those spaces open.
- You are STRONGLY encouraged to wear a facemask.
- Please keep social distancing at 6 ft and stay with your own family group.
- There will be no Passing the Peace time. (If you want to chat with your brothers and sisters in Christ you still can, either before or after the service.)
- The church restrooms, buildings, and playground will be closed.
- There will be no bulletins or hand-outs.
- A collection bowl will be set up for you to leave any offerings as you arrive or leave (as we normally have done for the 9am Worship Service).
- There will be no Children’s Sermon, Children’s Church, or Sunday School afterward.
- We will still have Prayer Time, but you are encouraged to text them to Pastor Brad or hand him a note. It can be hard to hear you in the parking lot when there's traffic...which is the norm here in Union County.
- If you or one of your household has a cough or is feeling ill, STAY HOME. You can watch the service online!
- If you are uncomfortable in gathering, the worship service will continue to be broadcast online on YouTube and the link will be shared on Facebook and text message.
- Based on Conference rules and guidelines this will be how we worship for the long term. When the weather changes to cool we will adjust, but that's not for several months.
- Also we have just activated online tithing! Just click the DONATE tab, as the church continues to share Christ in new ways.
- Christ's Closet will no longer be accepting donations until we are clear to have future giveaways based on orders from the CDC & Gov. Cooper. Please do not leave any donations at the church until then.
- Stay safe, stay well, check on your neighbors, and let's embrace creativity as we transform the church, be the Body of Christ in new, creative, and awesome ways! God Bless
We are honored that you have taken the time to check out our website to learn more about us. God is moving in powerful and loving ways here at Union, and we are confident that you'll find the same spirit of community, charity, and holiness here for yourself and your family. Check us out on social media (Facebook & Instagram), try out one of our worship services (9 & 11am), or drop an email or call (980) 521-3531.
Again, thank you for "stopping by."
May God Bless You and Your Family.
6315 New Town Road, Waxhaw NC 28173
At Union UMC we have two worship services. Our 9am service is Contemporary led by our AMAZING Praise Band, and also has Children's Time, prayer, and the proclamation of God's Word. Nursery is provided for kids age 5 & under.
Our 11am service is traditional led by our AWESOME Union Choir, organist and pianist, and also has Children's Time, prayer, and God's Word is proclaimed!
Sunday School is at 10:15am and classes are available for all ages.
We have Sunday School classes for all ages. We have an active nursery class for toddlers, 2 elementary classes, a Youth Class, and 2 adult classes with awesome and dedicated teachers. Sunday School starts 10:15am between our worship services. Please check with Pastor Brad or talk to any of our church regulars to help you find the class that is right for you and your family (the picture is of Pastor Brad giving a preview of the Youth Sunday School class' Spring 2018 Study)